Monday, April 21, 2008

News at our end

Mira is a well-behaved child. And so, did I think until she unleashed herself in Toys R Us, Bangkok’s biggest toy shop which we went to over the weekend. It was maddening, it was crazy and it was just not Mira! She behaved like a whirlwind, dashing from one toy section to the other. Pushing the walker one minute and banging the xylophone the other. She didn’t care whether I was around or not – she just kept running wildly as toys called out to her from different rows of the shop. We frantically looked out to buy something for her but unfortunately, nothing really worked out. She wanted toys which were way above her age – 3+, 4+, 5+ while Papa and I just couldn’t find something she liked. And so, we took the plunge – I forcibly picked up Mira in my arms and we sprinted towards the exit. I kept showing her toys on the way hoping that we might manage to find something good and compatible while Mira kept howling and punching me in the chest.

And finally, we found something – something that three of us liked.

We paid at the counter and hurriedly left the shop – my cheeks still red with embarrassment, Papa shaking his head in disbelief and Mira smiling ear to ear with a lovely Barney in her hands.

******
Papa has always accused me of being a spoil sport. He travels to various exotic places on account of work and despite repeated encouragements, I’ve never really accompanied him to any. But this time, I made an exception to the rule. I said yes and as a result, all 3 of us are leaving for a full 11 day trip tonight. Place? Hmmmm….let me keep it a secret this time…….but I promise to fill you in with details once I’m back – to unload a camera full of photos and a mind full of anecdotes. Will catch you guys soon! See ya…

3 comments:

Wunderyearz said...

Waiting to hear about the "secret" destination , Have a great trip :-)

Aryan-Arjun said...

Ahhh..god barney good..
what secret destination???
AM

Preethi said...

actually I take Cheeky to Toysrus and let him loose. He knows there are some ground rules and he has to play quietly and he cant break anything or be rough.. but toysrus is a special treat and is so much fun for him as it seems like an extended playroom. They dont mind kids playing with the toys there, a lot of kids do! :)