Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some updates, thoughts & beliefs

The charms of a mom are finally being overcome. Yes, Mira has started liking her school and goes without saying that both of us are extremely happy about it. Graduating from just having a mom and nanny for company, the school has suddenly exposed her to a whole new world of friends, teachers and toys.

Staring through the glass window at her, I am always overcome with a sense of pride. My little girl whose views about the world were just limited to what her mom told her about is now shaping into her own person each day – struggling to meet new challenges and learn new experiences unaware of her mom’s loving eyes watching over her.

Hearing about my exaggerated emotions, Papa always jokes around saying that if a playschool can manage a lump in my throat, wonder what the grad school will do. I completely agree with him – I have absolutely no clue.

*****
The first couple of weeks when I was accompanying Mira to the playschool everyday, I’ve to admit to my falling for the profession of a kindergarten teacher. It is noble. It is fulfilling. It is fun. And I think it is highly suitable for someone like me who mostly believes that her arrival in this world was programmed to don several roles, with that of a mom being the most important one. While I was busy imagining myself having interesting conversations with an army of kids, the damn ego kicked in - reminded me that if I haven’t worked on communication that might completely elude consumers but does manage to win a couple of awards every once in a while, the ROI on my MBA hasn’t been availed of.

And so, here I am devising plans to crack strategies, write programs and bribe judges. But, probably some years down the line when the heart has completely overtaken the brain – it will be nice to head towards a noisy kindergarten, to pacify wailing toddlers as their poor moms embark on a guilt trip.

*****
My home lately has become a laboratory for political experiments. Remember, there was a talk sometime back about how toddlers easily latch on to the word “Obama” and not “Clinton” for whatever reason – simplicity, appeal, magic etc. Papa being a huge Obama fan immediately put the theory into action. A few days’ instructions and the results were apparent. Whenever the man appeared on the screen, both Papa’s and Mira’s eyes lit up – former with appreciation and the latter with recognition. While Papa struggled with his new policy on change, Mira ran across the entire room shouting – “Obama bama bama”. And at times, it was preceded by the ubiquitous loving punju title– “Oye Obama, Oye Obama, bama, bama, bama”.

*****
Animation movies seem to have a profound effect on me these days. Ratatouille was the first thing on the planet that made me believe that I had all the capabilities of being a great cook. I had just about managed to crack Moong daal and a couple of other tough recipes, when Kungfu Panda hit the theaters. According to Panda, everything in this world is possible provided you believe in it. I’ve lately started believing that I can have a rocking full-fledged career while also being able to attend to Mira, every-time she smiles or cries. I know it is a bit difficult given that humans still haven’t invented the technique of being present at two different places simultaneously, but what the heck, Panda says believe in yourself and I’m just going to do that!

Trailers show that Wall-e is the next upcoming one – any idea what that would be about?

7 comments:

Mona said...

pandas are very wise didn't you know? :)
wall-e is very good too.

i've always wanted to teach young kids. now that i've had it with the corporate world and a staying home, i will look into my options.

mira's oye obama is so cute!

Piper .. said...

Wall-e is about a robot falling in love! :) Watch it. You`ll love it, I`m sure.
I love the fact tht Lil Mira goes around shouting 'Obama bama bama bama!" Its just sooooooooooooo cute :) All the more becos I`m a huge Obama fan too!

Mystic Margarita said...

Oye Obama is just too cute! lol!
Li'l Mira sure has good taste in politicians! I am a huge Obama fan as well! Btw, have you disabled feeds for your posts? How come I don't get an intimations of new posts?

Unknown said...

Hey you've got a nice blog here :) Will definitely come back for more! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love animated movies too. Most of my friends think I am crazy but I just love the details which goes into making these movies. Let me know if like Wall-e. I heard its awesome.

Homecooked
http://homecooked.wordpress.com

Piper .. said...

Happy Friendship`s Day, M`s M :)

Mira's mom said...

Mona - ok now your Panda remark - did bring a smile on my face :-)Teaching kids is a wonderful profession - will be glad if you can take it up in some manner.

Piper - Very happy belated friendship day to you too! Hope you had fun :-)And yes, Wall-e is coming up next week in Bangkok - will go watch it. Will tell you how it influenced me like all other animation movies :-)

Mystic - Looks like I am surrounded with all Obama fans. So welcome to the club! Hey, haven't disabled the feed - don't know what went wrong. Will hopefully show up when I write next.

Homecooked - was wonderful discovering your blog. Don't worry - I'll mostly be around to try out your recipes and inform you on the results :-)

Preethi said...

want to see Wall-e myself... its about a robot falling in love!! Oye Obama was so cute!! hehe!! and preschoolers.. a room full of tem.. I would go bonkers!!