Monday, June 16, 2008

Mira in the 20th month

Motherhood is a weird thing. Some of the most ordinary and humdrum things in life suddenly assume high value when delivered by your little one. Mira has lately started combining words – probably the beginning of sentence formation at her end. So, unlike earlier when it was just about - Come, Sit, Bye Bye, Go, Hello; Mira has now moved to - Hello Mumma, Come Papa, Sit Deedi, No girl, Take Baby - all accompanied with a slight singing tone and an anticipation of a “very good” from the other end. Resultantly, I end up spending much more time with her while all my pending jobs slowly transcend from the important category to the urgent one.

Probably doing the To Do list is not such a great idea – huh?

**********
If a lion ever hears Mira talking about him, believe me, his ego would be down in the dumps. On the other hand, a rabbit might just feel elated and reassured about his cute positioning.

Still struggling to twist her tongue as the alphabets demand to be, Mira calls the Lion as Lana, Tiger as Taga and the Rabbit as Raba.

Don’t blame it on me - I’ve been doing my share to get things in order:

Me: Mira, TI...GER...

Mira (cheerfully): TA...GA...

Me: No Mira, say TI...

Mira(ok): Ti...

Me: GER…

Mira (ok): GARRRR…

Me: Very good, TIGER

Mira (Hey, I know this!): TAGA

Me: No Mira, TIGER

Mira (that’s right): TAGA

Me: TIGER…TIGER…TIGER

Mira: TAGA…TAGA…TAGA

**********
With absolute zero modesty, let me admit that I continue to remain Mira’s favorite person so far. But, you know given the fact that Papa is more of a weekend parent and gets very little time to spend with Mira over weekdays, I’ve to confess that he too is performing pretty decently on the popularity front.

But, there’s a difference between the way Mira greets me when I’m back from my unnecessary 2 hour long shopping v/s the way she greets Papa when he’s home after a long day’s hard work. With me, she is obviously jumping with joy, all eager to get onto my lap and spend some good fun time together while with Papa, she acts as if she hasn’t really noticed him and continues doing her stuff, though with a huge smile suppressed between her lips and a face going almost red with shyness.

It’s only when Papa has grabbed her off the bed and is half way though the acrobatic stuff that she bursts into squeals of laughter and is adamant about not letting go of him, even if it’s an urgent call of nature.

And so in short, though in very different manners both of us are receiving loads of attention from Mira and we are loving it to the hilt.

In fact sometimes it really makes me wonder as to who actually is the baby here!:-)

3 comments:

Mona said...

how cuuute. the little sentences.
lana.

Lijy said...

hi... dropped here from K3's blog.

your little girl is so cute.Loved her taga lana and raba...

take care:)

Mystic Margarita said...

Love your blog! So glad I found it - will be back to catch up on the older ones. Mira is simply adorable! The taga impression scared me.....she makes such a cute little tigress!